If you are headed to Phoenix for the Super Bowl, here’s the inside scoop on the best of what the Valley of the Sun has to offer beyond the Big Game. And take it from a Phoenix-native: remember to drink lots of water and wear sunscreen. You are in the desert.
La Grande Orange Grocery. “LGO,” as locals call it, has the best breakfast in the Valley—get the Commuter. Or go later in the day to get the best burger. And the best salted chocolate chip cookie.
Camelback Mountain. Hiking the signature Echo Canyon or Cholla Trails is always a must, or you could head up north to the Tom Thumb Trail in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve for a less crowded, and equally breathtaking, outdoor desert experience.
Desert Botanical Garden. If you aren’t up for hiking, you can still enjoy the desert landscape. The flora of the Sonoran Desert is unto its own.
The Sanctuary Resort and Spa on Camelback Mountain. No one does relaxation and spa treatments better.
The Camelback Inn. The back patio with fire pits, cocktails, and mountain sunset views is an Arizona classic and hidden gem.
The Henry. It’s a new hip spot for a swanky night out.
Sky Harbor Airport Terminal 4. The Airport is now packed with the Valley’s top restaurants—Chelsea’s Kitchen, Blanco, Tammie Coe Cakes, Lola Coffee, and more. So, no worries if your Phoenix adventure was entirely Game Face—you can enjoy a last minute taste of Phoenix on your way home.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out