Tonight, Katy Perry took the stage in Glendale, Ariz., for the Super Bowl halftime show. It was a dynamic act defined by multiple costume changes and a moving rendition of signature song “Firework.”
One of the show’s guests, rocker Lenny Kravitz, joined Perry on guitar for a duet on Perry’s breakout hit, “I Kissed a Girl” (a surprise inclusion on the setlist, given its edgy content).
Finally, Missy Elliott, who’s largely been on hiatus since the mid-2000s save for a few guest appearances (including on Katy Perry’s remix to “Last Friday Night”), took the stage for a performance of several of her hits.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve