Last year, McDonald’s started letting customers buy meals using Apple Pay on their iPhones. But the fast food chain will start accepting a far stranger currency to pay for fries: ‘Lovin’.’
McDonald’s 2015 Super Bowl ad says that between Feb. 2 and 14, randomly selected customers will be offered the chance to do things like call their mom to say “I love you,” give someone a hug, or do a silly dance as a form of payment.
This is a part of McDonald’s revamped “I’m Lovin’ It” campaign. (The last ad in the series implied that a trip to a Play Place could help unclog bipartisan gridlock.)
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This