Last Week Tonight host John Oliver appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman and discussed how far he’d go to make people laugh — including injure himself.
The 37-year-old comedian told Letterman that during a USO Tour to Afghanistan in August, 2013, Oliver had just finished performing a set for the troops when a soldier asked if he’d tase himself. Oliver, looking for a laugh, agreed.
The visit marked the first USO tour for Oliver, who was touched by the trip as his wife is a former Army combat medic, who deployed to Iraq.
The next season of Last Week Tonight is slated to return to HBO on Feb. 8.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State