Marion “Suge” Knight has been arrested on suspicion of murder, CBS reports, and is being held on $2 million bail. The former hip-hop mogul had previously turned himself in to the Los Angeles Country Sheriff’s Department in West Hollywood early on Friday for questioning over a fatal hit-and-run.
According to authorities, the Death Row Records co-founder is suspected of running two men over with his truck after an argument on Thursday that took place on the film set of the NWA biopic, Straight Outta Compton.
Capt. John Corina of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department detectives unit told the LA Times that the two victims were in a parking lot of a burger joint shortly after the argument, when Knight is believed to have run them over after following them in his truck. Witnesses have reported that the truck struck the men, then backed over them before driving off. One of the men was killed and the other suffered undisclosed injuries.
James E. Blatt, indentified by the LA Times as a staff member at the office of Knight’s attorney, told the paper that “we are confident that once the investigation is completed, he will be totally exonerated.”
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction