Marion “Suge” Knight has been arrested on suspicion of murder, CBS reports, and is being held on $2 million bail. The former hip-hop mogul had previously turned himself in to the Los Angeles Country Sheriff’s Department in West Hollywood early on Friday for questioning over a fatal hit-and-run.
According to authorities, the Death Row Records co-founder is suspected of running two men over with his truck after an argument on Thursday that took place on the film set of the NWA biopic, Straight Outta Compton.
Capt. John Corina of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department detectives unit told the LA Times that the two victims were in a parking lot of a burger joint shortly after the argument, when Knight is believed to have run them over after following them in his truck. Witnesses have reported that the truck struck the men, then backed over them before driving off. One of the men was killed and the other suffered undisclosed injuries.
James E. Blatt, indentified by the LA Times as a staff member at the office of Knight’s attorney, told the paper that “we are confident that once the investigation is completed, he will be totally exonerated.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This