New Line Cinema has entered negotiations with Rebel Wilson, Leslie Mann, Dakota Johnson and Dan Stevens to star in the upcoming romantic comedy How to Be Single.
The movie will reportedly explore topics like blind dating and casual sex to suggest that our lives are not defined by our relationships, but rather the single times in between, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The 25-year-old Johnson is a rising star and the lead actress for the highly anticipated 50 Shades of Grey movie adaptation scheduled for release next month.
Wilson, 28, has starred in a number of comedy roles, most notably as Fat Amy in the Pitch Perfect movies and roommate Becky in the 2011 hit comedy Bridesmaids.
Comedic veteran Mann, 42, was last seen in the 2014 flick The Other Woman.
Fans of Downton Abbey will certainly recognized Stevens — the 32-year-old Englishman played the part of lawyer Matthew Crawley on the hit television drama.
How to Be Single, based off the novel written by Liz Tucillo, is slated to be released around Valentine’s Day 2016.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive