First Lady Michelle Obama shared an adorable picture of her younger self on social media Thursday, in a nod to both “throwback Thursday” and the Obama administration’s ongoing effort to get more young people signed up for health insurance.
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden got in on the #tbt action, too. The White House shared a picture of a young Barack exclaiming gleefully during a romp on the beach. His picture, too, was a bid to get youth to visit HealthCare.gov.
The White House is ramping up its push to get people to the health insurance marketplace ahead of the second enrollment period deadline on Feb. 15. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, 9.5 million Americans have selected or reenrolled in plans through HealthCare.gov; 35%, or 2.5 million, are under age 35.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up