First Lady Michelle Obama shared an adorable picture of her younger self on social media Thursday, in a nod to both “throwback Thursday” and the Obama administration’s ongoing effort to get more young people signed up for health insurance.
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden got in on the #tbt action, too. The White House shared a picture of a young Barack exclaiming gleefully during a romp on the beach. His picture, too, was a bid to get youth to visit HealthCare.gov.
The White House is ramping up its push to get people to the health insurance marketplace ahead of the second enrollment period deadline on Feb. 15. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, 9.5 million Americans have selected or reenrolled in plans through HealthCare.gov; 35%, or 2.5 million, are under age 35.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism