Ever wonder exactly how your DSLR camera works?
The Slow-Mo Guys, who post all sorts of neat super slow-mo video on YouTube, just uploaded a video that shows exactly what happens when you press the shutter release.
In the footage, you can clearly see the camera’s viewfinder mirror rise before the shutter drops to expose the digital sensor and record an image. Then the shutter closes and the mirror comes back down to complete the process. The video above shows the same process for a whole bunch of different shutter speeds.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body