You probably haven’t thought about Kenny G in a while, but here’s some fun new information about him: the smooth jazz legend says he’s basically the reason Starbucks Frappuccinos exist.
In a recent interview with Bloomberg, Mr. G reflected on his early days as one of Starbucks’ first investors, when the store sold nothing but coffee. But another company, called Coffee Bean, was selling a sweet “blended” drink had people lined up around the block. He said he would always call up Starbucks founder Howard Schultz and tell him about this great drink that was essentially a milkshake.
Soon enough, Starbucks created its signature Frappuccino and everyone fell in love with. “I’d like to think I was partially responsible for that,” Kenny G said.
So next time you’re kneeling before the Kenny G shrine we know you have in your closet, thanking him for the sweet musical bliss he has given the world, be sure to thank him for this other sweet gift.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow