You probably haven’t thought about Kenny G in a while, but here’s some fun new information about him: the smooth jazz legend says he’s basically the reason Starbucks Frappuccinos exist.
In a recent interview with Bloomberg, Mr. G reflected on his early days as one of Starbucks’ first investors, when the store sold nothing but coffee. But another company, called Coffee Bean, was selling a sweet “blended” drink had people lined up around the block. He said he would always call up Starbucks founder Howard Schultz and tell him about this great drink that was essentially a milkshake.
Soon enough, Starbucks created its signature Frappuccino and everyone fell in love with. “I’d like to think I was partially responsible for that,” Kenny G said.
So next time you’re kneeling before the Kenny G shrine we know you have in your closet, thanking him for the sweet musical bliss he has given the world, be sure to thank him for this other sweet gift.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space