Canadian pop star Justin Bieber apologized for his erratic, immature behavior in a Facebook video Wednesday.
The singer, who recently posed in his underwear for a widely-mocked ad for Calvin Klein, said he was nervous about what people think of him during a recent taping of an episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
“I didn’t want to come off arrogant or conceited, basically how I’ve been acting the past year, year and a half,” he said. “I’m not who I was pretending to be.”
Examples of the behavior he is talking about: making disrespectful comments at a Tokyo shrine and the Anne Frank museum, fighting with paparazzi and getting arrested for a DUI while driving a yellow Lamborghini. Oh, and that time he abandoned a pet monkey at a German airport.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time