Canadian pop star Justin Bieber apologized for his erratic, immature behavior in a Facebook video Wednesday.
The singer, who recently posed in his underwear for a widely-mocked ad for Calvin Klein, said he was nervous about what people think of him during a recent taping of an episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
“I didn’t want to come off arrogant or conceited, basically how I’ve been acting the past year, year and a half,” he said. “I’m not who I was pretending to be.”
Examples of the behavior he is talking about: making disrespectful comments at a Tokyo shrine and the Anne Frank museum, fighting with paparazzi and getting arrested for a DUI while driving a yellow Lamborghini. Oh, and that time he abandoned a pet monkey at a German airport.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating