Looking to turn a video into an animated GIF like all the cool kids on the Internet? Image-hosting service Imgur just released a super-easy tool to make that happen.
Imgur’s Video-to-GIF tool works like this:
1. Drop in a link to a video somewhere else on the web, like YouTube.
2. Pick where you’d like your GIF to start and end. Remember, longer GIFs result in bigger files.
3. Let Imgur process for a bit.
4. Boom, you’ve got a GIF file you can share anywhere on the web. Sometimes it actually gives you a .GIFV file, which result in better-quality looping videos at smaller file sizes than regular old GIFs.
Here’s a quick GIF of Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk clobbering one another for good measure.
Avengers, assemble (GIFS)!
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow