The upcoming CBS superhero series Supergirl will feature Mehcad Brooks as young photojournalist Jimmy Olsen.
The 34-year-old Austin native will be playing the love interest of Supergirl (played by Glee star Melissa Benoist), according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Jimmy Olsen character is a staple of the DC Comics Superman series, where he is traditionally portrayed as a youthful Daily Planet reporter who idolizes Clark Kent and Lois Lane.
As for Brooks, he was last seen playing an egocentric football player in the recently canceled Necessary Roughness. But he is most famous for his role as “Eggs” on the hit series True Blood.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating