The upcoming CBS superhero series Supergirl will feature Mehcad Brooks as young photojournalist Jimmy Olsen.
The 34-year-old Austin native will be playing the love interest of Supergirl (played by Glee star Melissa Benoist), according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Jimmy Olsen character is a staple of the DC Comics Superman series, where he is traditionally portrayed as a youthful Daily Planet reporter who idolizes Clark Kent and Lois Lane.
As for Brooks, he was last seen playing an egocentric football player in the recently canceled Necessary Roughness. But he is most famous for his role as “Eggs” on the hit series True Blood.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time