Actor Gene Hackman is alive and well.
Rumors were spreading that the Hollywood legend had died, following the publication of an article on sports and pop culture blog Grantland earlier this week.
The confusion was sparked by a headline that ran on the website Tuesday stating “The Greatest Living American Actor at 85: Gene Hackman Is Gone But Still in Charge,” spurring rumors that Hackman, who is in fact 84-years-old, had died.
The headline has since been revised from “Gone” to “Retired.” Hackman turns 85 on Friday.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart