Matthew McConaughey is about to go for a very long, very barefoot run.
EW has confirmed that McConaughey is set to star in a film adaptation of Christopher McDougall’s 2009 best-selling book, Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen, based on a script from Matthew Michael Carnahan.
In the book, McDougall finds members of the Tarahumara Indian tribe in the Mexican Copper Canyons to discover how they’re able to run distances of more than 100 miles without getting the typical injuries that come along with running. The book eventually leads to a race between America’s greatest runners and members of the tribe. It was also the inspiration for the barefoot running movement.
Deadline was the first to report the casting news.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer