Kia’s new extended commercial The Perfect Getaway, in which Pierce Brosnan vaunts the 2016 Sorento, may just be the best Super Bowl ad we’ve seen so far.
Brosnan (aka the last James Bond before Daniel Craig) is being pitched the ad but thinks he’ll be driving high-speed through snipers, dodging fire from missile launchers and braving exploding cabins.
“What’s the mission?” he asks.
Only to discover: “There is no mission,” is the reply.
Instead, Brosnan takes a leisurely drive through snowy mountains to an idyllic wood cabin at the summit.
But being Bond, he still gets the girl at the end.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating