New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio injected some self-deprecating humor into the city’s no-snowpocalypse Tuesday with an dramatic reading of an article from The Onion.
The 53-year-old reads, and praises, “NYC Mayor: ‘Reconcile Yourselves With Your God, For All Will Perish In The Tempest,” which pokes fun at his reaction ahead of what was supposed to be a historical blizzard, but ended up as a simple snowstorm.
The mayor had come under criticism for stoking fears that the storm would devastate the Big Apple, which led to the cancellation of hundreds of flights, food runs on supermarkets and the threat of fines for those caught flouting a driving ban.
But despite the unexpectedly benign conditions, de Blasio showed he has the chops to weather a media-storm instead.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space