Lynch began his session with “When does my time start? Oh, it’s started. Well, let me say, I’m just here so I won’t get fined.” He told reporters he would answer every question with the same answer.
Lynch was fined $100,000 for not complying with the league’s media policy earlier in the season and has since given very limited interviews, often repeating the same phrase. Last week, Seattle cornerback Richard Sherman said he was going to give Lynch advice heading into Media Day.
ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that the NFL said it would fine Lynch $500,000 if he failed to be available at Media Day.
On Monday, Lynch broke his silence with the media by giving a two-and-a-half minute interview in conjunction with Skittles.
The Seahawks face the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX on Feb. 1.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time