The ABC medical drama Grey’s Anatomy is returning to the screen with some doctors kindling new romances and others shifting off-screen.
Shonda Rhimes, the creator of the show, says that the series will not be set in two different places as Meredith Grey, played by Ellen Pompeo, attempts to reconcile the trials of a long-distance relationship with Dr. Derek Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey).
In fact, Rhimes says the neurosurgeon may be spending more time off the screen than on it. Rhimes acknowledges that the show may need a greater male presence and says she is “bringing in some men,” according to Entertainment Weekly.
Read the Entertainment Weekly exclusive with Shonda Rhimes here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement