Game of Thrones may now be a national phenomenon, but at least one fan of the award-winning HBO series was initially skeptical.
Amanda Peet, the actress and wife of David Benioff, one of the show’s co-creators, recently admitted to Conan O’Brien that she once told her husband his show was a “terrible idea.”
It was “silly,” she continued, “like Dungeons & Dragons but real with real people.” (Check out the audience reaction!)
Peet quickly acknowledged she’s now “obsessed” with Thrones and is clearly ready for its return for Season 5 on April 12.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow