A filmmaker in Peru seems to have come up with an ingenious solution to men sexually harassing women in the street — trick serial offenders into catcalling their own mothers.
Two moms are shown agreeing to be secretly filmed as they donned flattering disguises and strolled past their unwitting sons. After the men shout out sleazy comments, the women pull off their wigs and confront their red-faced boys with a very loud and very public rebuke.
One enraged mother is seen hitting her son over the head with her handbag.
The clip, created by American clothing brand Everlast, was filmed in Peru’s national capital Lima, where the company says 7 out of 10 women report being harassed in the street.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement