A filmmaker in Peru seems to have come up with an ingenious solution to men sexually harassing women in the street — trick serial offenders into catcalling their own mothers.
Two moms are shown agreeing to be secretly filmed as they donned flattering disguises and strolled past their unwitting sons. After the men shout out sleazy comments, the women pull off their wigs and confront their red-faced boys with a very loud and very public rebuke.
One enraged mother is seen hitting her son over the head with her handbag.
The clip, created by American clothing brand Everlast, was filmed in Peru’s national capital Lima, where the company says 7 out of 10 women report being harassed in the street.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time