KFC’s Double Down Dog is as real as it is terrifying.
The hot dog wrapped in a fried chicken patty is currently a special promotion that’s only offered in the Philippines.
To help build buzz, KFC provides only 50 Double Down Dogs Monday to smiling — still breathing — customers at select stores:
Even though the over-the-top snack is already a source of Internet derision, it’s just the latest in a line of gluttonous fast-food trends.
KFC Korea offers a Zinger Double Down that puts a bacon cheeseburger between two pieces of fried chicken:
And other forms of the Double Down sandwich have existed in the U.S.
There are hot-dog-stuffed pizza crusts, waffle-wrapped tacos, macaroni and shrimp burgers.
The world is doomed.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk