Harry Potter star Emma Watson’s latest role will be another bookish heroine.
“I will be playing Belle in Disney’s new live-action Beauty and the Beast!” the actress posted on her Facebook page. “My six year old self is on the ceiling – heart bursting. Time to start some singing lessons.”
The movie will be directed by Bill Condon, who directed The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, and produced by Mandeville Films’ David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.
According to a Disney press release, the film will begin filming later this year.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science