With its penchant for promoting pulchritudinous pinups, plush petals and piquant plates, Pinterest has a reputation for appealing in particular to women — more than 70% of its 72.5 million U.S. users are female.
Now, Pinterest is trying to appeal to the male demographic by subtly making its search results more gender-neutral.
That means including more tacos and pizzas alongside popular baked goods and family meals in search results for recipe ideas, reports the Wall Street Journal, or a wider range of Halloween costumes. Executives are also targeting male appetites by introducing personalized search results where gender is factored into the results and promoting pins based on gender.
Read more at the Wall Street Journal.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time