With its penchant for promoting pulchritudinous pinups, plush petals and piquant plates, Pinterest has a reputation for appealing in particular to women — more than 70% of its 72.5 million U.S. users are female.
Now, Pinterest is trying to appeal to the male demographic by subtly making its search results more gender-neutral.
That means including more tacos and pizzas alongside popular baked goods and family meals in search results for recipe ideas, reports the Wall Street Journal, or a wider range of Halloween costumes. Executives are also targeting male appetites by introducing personalized search results where gender is factored into the results and promoting pins based on gender.
Read more at the Wall Street Journal.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization