Nick Jonas has totally stepped out of his brothers’ shadows. The former boy-bander has a successful solo career, a new show and has become quite the model, reinventing Mark Wahlberg’s famous crotch grab for Flaunt magazine and showing off his super-toned obliques in the process. Now the star is featured in a 6-page fashion spread in GQ‘s February issue. This time, however, he’s clothed (in some sharp menswear), but he does grab his junk again — while wearing a $3,500 Giorgio Armani suit.
When asked if he ever gets jealous of all the attention his abs receive, Jonas explains that he’s actually grateful.
“You know, what? If my abs drove them to the music and got them to access the other projects I’m doing, it’s all good. It’s all worth it,” he shares.
He also opened up about shedding his “boy celebrity” image. “I think that this stage in my life is really, for a lot of reasons, pretty incredible. Being a solo artist and trying to take these bold steps on my own.”
Now the only difference is he can’t blame things on his older brothers. “It’s definitely a lot more on your own, taking on all the responsibility,” he explains, adding, “I think anytime that you push yourself, it’s more rewarding. It makes being on my own that much sweeter.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out