Well, everything you thought you knew about love is a lie. Turns out J.K. Rowling thinks she made a huge mistake by pairing Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter novels. Hermione really should have married Harry, the author said in a recent interview for the upcoming issue of Wonderland magazine, guest-edited by Emma Watson.
Here’s what Rowling said, in excerpts printed by British newspaper The Sunday Times:
Rowling said she knew this admission would upset many Harry Potter diehards, and offered the following apology:
The author also said Hermione and Ron totally would have needed relationship counseling. She didn’t, however, seem to acknowledge the possibility that Hermione didn’t need to marry Ron OR Harry, but alas.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time