Well, everything you thought you knew about love is a lie. Turns out J.K. Rowling thinks she made a huge mistake by pairing Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter novels. Hermione really should have married Harry, the author said in a recent interview for the upcoming issue of Wonderland magazine, guest-edited by Emma Watson.
Here’s what Rowling said, in excerpts printed by British newspaper The Sunday Times:
Rowling said she knew this admission would upset many Harry Potter diehards, and offered the following apology:
The author also said Hermione and Ron totally would have needed relationship counseling. She didn’t, however, seem to acknowledge the possibility that Hermione didn’t need to marry Ron OR Harry, but alas.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now