“This Australian hip-hopper used the pet name/street name system to come up with her rap name,” host Alex Trebek said on a recent episode of Jeopardy!
Contestant Nicholas Berube quickly buzzed in, offering the response, “Who is Azealia Banks?” He was, of course, wrong. What he meant to say was, “Who is Iggy Azalea?” It was an innocent mistake, as they are both “hip-hoppers” with similar names, but it’s kinda funny because the two rappers openly hate each other.
Berube clearly felt pretty bad about the mixup because he joined Twitter solely to apologize. First to Azealia Banks:
And then just more generally to the whole Internet:
After making the mistake while taping the show, Berube said he “immediately knew the internet would explode,” but couldn’t defend himself until the episode aired months later.
He seems like a really nice guy, doesn’t he? But sorry, ladies, he’s made sure to let everybody know he’s off the market:
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022