There’s nothing better than super-crispy hash browns for brunch. But attaining that perfect, even crust while keeping the center of the potatoes tender isn’t easy—until now. Because F&W Test Kitchen genius Justin Chapple has an easy shortcut. Watch the video above to see how to make the best hash browns of your life with a waffle iron.
For more great cooking tricks and tips, watch all of F&W’s Mad Genius Tips videos.
More from Food & Wine:
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time