Jay Leno made his stance on the sexual assault allegations against fellow comedian Bill Cosby pretty clear on Wednesday.
“I don’t know why it’s so hard to believe women,” the former Tonight Show host said at the annual NATPE conference in Miami, Variety reports. “You to go Saudi Arabia and you need two women to testify against a man. Here you need 25.”
Leno then remarked about how the most recent accusations against Cosby began getting traction after a video of comedian Hannibal Buress calling Cosby a rapist during a standup routine went viral. “On any other media that would have been edited,” he said. “People are getting news unfiltered now.”
Cosby’s legal team has repeatedly denied allegations from more than 15 women that the former Cosby Show star, 77, drugged or sexually assaulted them. He has not been charged with a crime related to any of the accusations.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time