- Do not stay at a boring job that pays badly. Have a good relationship with your boss. Try and get promoted. Kissing ass is good for you. Job insecurity and unemployment are correlated with poor health.
- Connecting with others can be more important than exercise. Spend time with friends. Loneliness can kill you. Blaming others can make you ill. Forgive.
- It’s essential to have a feeling of control over your life but you don’t want to be a perfectionist.
- Kiss more. Having more orgasms might extend your life. (Guys, more orgasms will probably reduce your chance of prostate cancer.)
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 150,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
Read next: 14 Timeless Rules to Keep You Sane
More Must-Reads From TIME
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science