- Do not stay at a boring job that pays badly. Have a good relationship with your boss. Try and get promoted. Kissing ass is good for you. Job insecurity and unemployment are correlated with poor health.
- Connecting with others can be more important than exercise. Spend time with friends. Loneliness can kill you. Blaming others can make you ill. Forgive.
- It’s essential to have a feeling of control over your life but you don’t want to be a perfectionist.
- Kiss more. Having more orgasms might extend your life. (Guys, more orgasms will probably reduce your chance of prostate cancer.)
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 150,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
Read next: 14 Timeless Rules to Keep You Sane
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow