- Do not stay at a boring job that pays badly. Have a good relationship with your boss. Try and get promoted. Kissing ass is good for you. Job insecurity and unemployment are correlated with poor health.
- Connecting with others can be more important than exercise. Spend time with friends. Loneliness can kill you. Blaming others can make you ill. Forgive.
- It’s essential to have a feeling of control over your life but you don’t want to be a perfectionist.
- Kiss more. Having more orgasms might extend your life. (Guys, more orgasms will probably reduce your chance of prostate cancer.)
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 150,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
Read next: 14 Timeless Rules to Keep You Sane
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up