Dalton Hayes, the 18-year-old Kentucky teen who allegedly stole a series of vehicles on his way to Florida with his 13-year-old girlfriend, revealed from jail Monday that he had been attempting to reach Miami and escape prosecution in his home state, where he was charged with theft and burglary last year.
Hayes will be extradited back to Kentucky and will face additional charges of burglary, criminal mischief and trespassing.
Taking a bus would have been better, according to Hayes. “We just went on a few high-speed chases,” he said in an interview with the Panama City News Herald.
The pair disappeared on Jan. 3 and were arrested in Florida last Saturday after allegedly stealing trucks, one of which contained two guns, in a multi-state chase.
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases