With Australia Day just around the corner, Pizza Hut has Down Under has launched a pizza that is quintessentially Aussie, or so they say.
It’s called the the Mitey Stuffed Crust and is filled with gooey melted cheese and an astringent brown paste made from leftover brewer’s yeast known as Vegemite.
Pizza Hut made a hilarious ad that shows backpackers in a hostel wincing in disgust as they try the new culinary delight (or travesty), with some saying it tasted like “medicine,” “petrol” or even “fish jam.”
Not so the Aussies. “The Mitey Stuffed Crust Pizza works unbelievably well with any of our topping combinations and we couldn’t think of a more quintessentially Aussie pizza to launch in time for Australia Day,” stated Fatima Syed, Pizza Hut Australia’s head of marketing.
And many have gone to Twitter in equal amounts of delight and disgust.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer