Actress Dakota Johnson is about to hit the big time with her newest film Fifty Shades of Grey, based on the best-selling erotic novel by EL James, this Valentine’s Day. But until then, the star is holding on to her anonymity for as long she can (so, for approximately six more days).
In less than a month, Johnson (the daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson) will star in one of the most-hyped movies of the year, which will put her right in the spotlight’s glare — a place she’s not sure she’s prepared for.
“I think about my dwindling anonymity,” she said in Vogue‘s February issue. “And that’s really scary because a very large part of me would be perfectly happy living on a ranch in Colorado and having babies and chickens and horses, which I will do anyway.”
With fame comes major perks, though, especially in the fashion world. For the star, that just means getting to hang out with one of her friends, stylist Kate Young. “We’re buddies — we like to hang out — and we come up with cool stuff together,” Johnson shared. Johnson is also close with British designer Stella McCartney, who Johnson refers to as “very special” for her “no bullshit, very straightforward — and kind” attitude.
Johnson will be on a 24/7 red carpet schedule until when the film hits theaters next month, but after that, she plans on laying low for a while. “I do a bit of press for Fifty, and then I’m just going to take the rest of the year off,” says Johnson. “I want to hang out with my friends. I want to hang out with my family — well, I sometimes want to hang out with my family!”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow