“I know what you’re thinking,” says MythBusters co-host Grant Imahara, standing in front of a conveyer belt chugging out french fries. “These look like potatoes, but are they really potatoes?”
Such is the question many people find themselves asking about McDonald’s signature french fries.
And so, as a part of the fast food chain’s new honesty-is-the-best-policy marketing campaign, consumers are getting a firsthand look at the assembly process.
“Are the fries even made out of potatoes? Are they ground up and mushed into the fry shape?” Imahara asks.
Mickey D’s apparently has the answers.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time