The Terminator exists.
Or at least a primitive version of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s famous cyborg creation does. In an RT video posted Tuesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin is shown at a research institute outside Moscow, where he’s presented a combat robot driving an ATV bike on a controlled course. Details on the cyborg are slim, but it seems to be driving very slowly and carefully, and looks a bit like a Star Wars Stormtrooper.
The Russian military has been testing a wide variety of combat robots, a program that the U.S. has largely eschewed in favor of bomb-defusing and reconnaissance robots only. A Russian tank the size of a small car, for instance, comes equipped with a heavy machine gun and can act semi autonomously, according to Popular Mechanics.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time