New England Patriots star Vince Wilfork rescued a woman who was trapped in her overturned jeep on Sunday night.
Wilfork was on his way home from the AFC Championships, after helping the Patriots win 45-7 against the Indianapolis Colts and advance through to the Super Bowl, when he and his wife passed the scene of a car crash, WWOS reports.
The 33-year-old defensive tackle pulled the woman out of the window of the car with one hand.
“I didn’t think about anything that was going on in my life at the time,” Wilfork told reporters. “The only thing I thought about was seeing there was somebody in there and getting them to safety.”
The woman was later charged with driving under the influence.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time