New England Patriots star Vince Wilfork rescued a woman who was trapped in her overturned jeep on Sunday night.
Wilfork was on his way home from the AFC Championships, after helping the Patriots win 45-7 against the Indianapolis Colts and advance through to the Super Bowl, when he and his wife passed the scene of a car crash, WWOS reports.
The 33-year-old defensive tackle pulled the woman out of the window of the car with one hand.
“I didn’t think about anything that was going on in my life at the time,” Wilfork told reporters. “The only thing I thought about was seeing there was somebody in there and getting them to safety.”
The woman was later charged with driving under the influence.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space