It seems that Dame Judi Dench has solved the question of what to get the man who has everything.
When Hollywood heavyweight Harvey Weinstein appeared on the British late-night program, The Graham Norton Show, he told the story of how he had helped launch Dench’s Hollywood film career by convincing her to take the role of Queen Victoria in 1997’s Mrs Brown, for which she earned a Best Actress Oscar nomination. As a thank you, the award-winning actress had “JD loves HW” tattooed on a very private spot.
Even more surprising is the circumstances in which Dench revealed her tattoo to Weinstein. According to the producer, Dench showed off the ink during a dinner at the Four Seasons Restaurant, in front of a group that included Carly Simon, Nora Ephron and Mike Nichols.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org