It seems that Dame Judi Dench has solved the question of what to get the man who has everything.
When Hollywood heavyweight Harvey Weinstein appeared on the British late-night program, The Graham Norton Show, he told the story of how he had helped launch Dench’s Hollywood film career by convincing her to take the role of Queen Victoria in 1997’s Mrs Brown, for which she earned a Best Actress Oscar nomination. As a thank you, the award-winning actress had “JD loves HW” tattooed on a very private spot.
Even more surprising is the circumstances in which Dench revealed her tattoo to Weinstein. According to the producer, Dench showed off the ink during a dinner at the Four Seasons Restaurant, in front of a group that included Carly Simon, Nora Ephron and Mike Nichols.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time