Facebook is hiring, big time.
The social networking company’s recent acquisitions and investments in several tech companies, which specialize in niche markets like drone production, virtual reality and data centers, is helping drive the latest round of recruitment, according to Reuters.
“We are an ambitious company run by an ambitious CEO,” Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s chief operating officer, told Reuters. “Our users are growing and our business is growing and we want to support that.”
Facebook reportedly had 8,348 full-time employees at the end of last September and is looking to hire at least 1,200 new staff members in the coming months.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears