Comedian Kevin Hart returned to Saturday Night Live for his second time hosting the show, which returned on Jan. 18 from its holiday hiatus with Sia as musical guest.
Here are three highlights from the show:
Kevin Hart stars alongside Kenan Thompson and Jay Pharoah as a trio of Bushwick, Brooklyn friends who discuss a new artisanal mayonnaise joint, spin classes and brunches. Hart also tells a story about how he killed someone while dogwalking — but that’s not as big of a controversy as using the word “Evite.”
Kate McKinnon parodies Justin Bieber’s Calvin Klein underwear ads, riffing heavily on the controversy over speculated “digital enhancements.” McKinnon’s bratty man-child is joined by Cecily Strong, playing an exasperated model Lara Stone.
Kevin Hart takes on the role of soul legend James Brown, turning a performance of “Get Up (I Feel Like Being) A Sex Machine” into strange mid-act conversations with his bandmates, like why one of his backup singers changed her first name when she got married.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com