A penthouse on Manhattan’s “Billionaires’ Row” has sold for $100 million, a record for the most expensive apartment ever sold in Manhattan.
The $100.47-million apartment occupies the 89th and 90th floors of One57, a high-end apartment tower overlooking Central Park, the New York Daily News reports. It’s the first single-family home to sell for more than $100 million in the city’s history.
The 11,000-square-foot pad has six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, two powder rooms, and grand stellar Central Park and city views. There’s a gym in the building, a pool, Jacuzzi, a steam room, a library and a screening room.
The identity of the apartment’s buyer was not disclosed.
The ultra-wealthy have increasingly been buying New York luxury apartments as pied-à-terre in recent years. In some sections of Midtown, 50% of apartments are vacant at least 10 months out of the year.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time