1. A simple plan pairing a low-income first-time mom with a nurse for advice through pregnancy and her child’s early years can give that family stability and even a better life.
By Nancy Cook in the Atlantic
2. Google will pilot test a build-your-own modular smartphone, operating out of a mobile phone-lab that looks like a food truck.
By Nathan Ingraham and Josh Lowensohn in the Verge
3. The belief that some scientific fields require innate genius or natural ‘brilliance’ may keep women out.
By Rachel Bernstein in Science Magazine
4. The FDA has cleared a ‘pacemaker for the stomach’ that could be a silver bullet against obesity.
By Thomas M. Burton in the Wall Street Journal
5. Offshore wind farms — if we can build them — stand to provide twice as much energy and create twice as many jobs as offshore drilling.
By Lindsay Abrams in Salon
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction