Looks like everyone is making their Valentine’s Day plans early: Fifty Shades of Grey won’t be released until Feb. 13, but it’s already the fastest-selling R-rated movie in Fandango’s history.
The tale of love and bondage, based on the E.L. James novel, has outpaced Sex and the City 2 in online ticket service Fandango’s records, Variety reports. Movie theaters around the country are scrambling to add extra showtimes to keep up with demand.
Fandango says it represents 80% of theaters with online ticketing in the U.S.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow