U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met with France’s Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and President Francois Hollande to offer condolences on the terrorist attacks that killed 17 people in Paris last week — and he brought a friend.
James Taylor joined Kerry onstage at city hall, where the singer performed a rendition of Carole King’s “You’ve Got a Friend” in tribute to victims of the attacks.
Before arriving in Paris, Kerry said of the trip, “My visit to France is basically to share a big hug for Paris and express the affection of the American people for France and for our friends there who have been through a terrible time.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time