U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met with France’s Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and President Francois Hollande to offer condolences on the terrorist attacks that killed 17 people in Paris last week — and he brought a friend.
James Taylor joined Kerry onstage at city hall, where the singer performed a rendition of Carole King’s “You’ve Got a Friend” in tribute to victims of the attacks.
Before arriving in Paris, Kerry said of the trip, “My visit to France is basically to share a big hug for Paris and express the affection of the American people for France and for our friends there who have been through a terrible time.”
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up