U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met with France’s Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius and President Francois Hollande to offer condolences on the terrorist attacks that killed 17 people in Paris last week — and he brought a friend.
James Taylor joined Kerry onstage at city hall, where the singer performed a rendition of Carole King’s “You’ve Got a Friend” in tribute to victims of the attacks.
Before arriving in Paris, Kerry said of the trip, “My visit to France is basically to share a big hug for Paris and express the affection of the American people for France and for our friends there who have been through a terrible time.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out