Earlier this week, we learned that a new service would let you ship glitter to your enemies, because glitter is totally impossible to get rid of — especially after you’ve unwittingly opened a large box of it.
The site became so popular so quickly that its founder, Mathew Carpenter, has suspended the service and basically asked everyone to chill out.
“Hi guys, I’m the founder of this website,” Carpenter wrote on Product Hunt. “Please stop buying this horrible glitter product — I’m sick of dealing with it. Sincerely, Mat.”
In fact, after amassing a million page views in just 24 hours, Carpenter decided he was so overwhelmed that he’s planning to sell the site:
So for now, it’s unclear what the future of Ship Your Enemies Glitter will hold. We do know that currently, when you visit the site and click “Buy Now,” this is the message you see:
The Internet is a weird place.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve