Earlier this week, we learned that a new service would let you ship glitter to your enemies, because glitter is totally impossible to get rid of — especially after you’ve unwittingly opened a large box of it.
The site became so popular so quickly that its founder, Mathew Carpenter, has suspended the service and basically asked everyone to chill out.
“Hi guys, I’m the founder of this website,” Carpenter wrote on Product Hunt. “Please stop buying this horrible glitter product — I’m sick of dealing with it. Sincerely, Mat.”
In fact, after amassing a million page views in just 24 hours, Carpenter decided he was so overwhelmed that he’s planning to sell the site:
So for now, it’s unclear what the future of Ship Your Enemies Glitter will hold. We do know that currently, when you visit the site and click “Buy Now,” this is the message you see:
The Internet is a weird place.
Read next: You Can Now Follow Prince William and Kate on Instagram
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement