Earlier this week, we learned that a new service would let you ship glitter to your enemies, because glitter is totally impossible to get rid of — especially after you’ve unwittingly opened a large box of it.
The site became so popular so quickly that its founder, Mathew Carpenter, has suspended the service and basically asked everyone to chill out.
“Hi guys, I’m the founder of this website,” Carpenter wrote on Product Hunt. “Please stop buying this horrible glitter product — I’m sick of dealing with it. Sincerely, Mat.”
In fact, after amassing a million page views in just 24 hours, Carpenter decided he was so overwhelmed that he’s planning to sell the site:
So for now, it’s unclear what the future of Ship Your Enemies Glitter will hold. We do know that currently, when you visit the site and click “Buy Now,” this is the message you see:
The Internet is a weird place.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time