Earlier this week, we learned that a new service would let you ship glitter to your enemies, because glitter is totally impossible to get rid of — especially after you’ve unwittingly opened a large box of it.
The site became so popular so quickly that its founder, Mathew Carpenter, has suspended the service and basically asked everyone to chill out.
“Hi guys, I’m the founder of this website,” Carpenter wrote on Product Hunt. “Please stop buying this horrible glitter product — I’m sick of dealing with it. Sincerely, Mat.”
In fact, after amassing a million page views in just 24 hours, Carpenter decided he was so overwhelmed that he’s planning to sell the site:
So for now, it’s unclear what the future of Ship Your Enemies Glitter will hold. We do know that currently, when you visit the site and click “Buy Now,” this is the message you see:
The Internet is a weird place.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears