A 22-year-old man had a dramatic rescue at sea when he fell overboard from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship and was picked up by a Disney Magic cruise around five hours later.
A passenger onboard the Disney cruise raised the alarm when he heard cries for help in the ocean at about 6.30 a.m. on Jan. 8, and a lifeboat was deployed to save the flailing man, CNN reports.
Video of the dramatic rescue was taken by passenger David Hearn and shows the man barely visible in the swell and an orange lifeboat coming to his rescue.
The man fell into the waters off the coast of Cozumel, Mexico, but it is not clear how he came to be in the water. He was taken to hospital and was said to be in good condition before being flown back to his home in the U.S.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time