Four top officials at the U.S. Secret Service are being dismissed from their posts, NBC News confirmed Wednesday.
The Washington Post first reported the shake-up, which comes after much scrutiny following lapses in security in the agency that protects the President and his family.
Secret Service sources tell NBC News that acting director Joseph Clancy has told the four top-level officials they will be removed from their current positions. A senior Administration official adds that the four individuals are being reassigned within the agency. No timeline has been announced.
“Change is necessary to gain a fresh perspective on …
Read the rest of the story from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement