Dog owners experience a wide range of health benefits.
Via Richard Wiseman’s excellent book 59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute:
In fact, they’re more health promoting than a spouse is.
And this isn’t true for cat owners.
And it’s causal, not correlative.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 151,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma