In his latest mock draft, SI.com’s Chris Burke projects Mariota as the No. 1 pick.
“After meeting with my family I have decided to forego my final year of eligibility and apply for the 2015 NFL Draft,” Mariota said in a statement. “My four years at the University of Oregon have been an awesome experience. I cannot thank Coach Kelly, Coach Helfrich, Coach Frost, the rest of the Oregon coaches and the support staff enough for molding me as a person, player and student-athlete.”
Mariota won this season’s Heisman Trophy, after throwing 38 touchdowns and two interceptions in the regular season. In the College Football Playoff, Mariota threw four touchdowns and two interceptions in two games. He led Oregon to the national championship game, where the Ducks fell to Ohio State.
Mariota was 11th in the nation this season with 296.9 passing yards per game and second nationally with 42 touchdown passes. In his three-year collegiate career, Mariota threw 105 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer