The price of Bitcoin dropped again this week, sliding to its lowest level since early 2013, suggesting that confidence in the contentious cryptocurrency may be shrinking.
On Tuesday, the price of Bitcoin dropped from $267 to about $224, sinking below its April 2013 value, which was before its popularity skyrocketed, according to the New York Times.
In the past year, the digital currency has been hit with myriad setbacks including market woes, fresh regulations and stagnation of usage even as transactions have increased, which in part resulted in a more than 50% drop in the price of bitcoin.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time