Correction appended: Jan. 12, 2015, 10:40 p.m. E.T.
Pizza Hut has great news for the gluten intolerant — and “meh” news for people who say they’re gluten intolerant but are really just trying to lose weight.
Starting Jan. 26, the chain will start offering 10-inch gluten-free pizzas in 2,400 of its 6,300 domestic locations. A slice of the gluten-free pizza’s cheese and pepperoni offerings come in at 150 and 170 calories, respectively.
Although Domino’s started offering a gluten-free pizza, it is not recommended for people with Celiac disease because it is prepared in the same kitchen as dough products. Pizza Hut worked with Udi’s and the Gluten Intolerance Group to ensure crusts are gluten-free–separating cheese, marinara sauce, and pepperoni separately from other foods. According to a press release, “Team members preparing the Gluten-free Pizza will wear gloves, bake the fresh-to-order pizza on parchment paper and use a designated gluten-free pizza cutter.”
Still, the chain asks customers to consult doctors before eating the pie, as the kitchens aren’t completely gluten-free.
Between this and its new obsession with Sriracha, Pizza Hut seems very determined to stay on trend.
The original version of this article misstated the number of Pizza Hut locations that will offer gluten-free pies. The chain will offer the pizzas in 2,400 of its 6,300 domestic locations.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror